Monday, December 15, 2008

Saturday Night Live (Albuquerque Style)

OK, I know I’ve posted a couple of “behind-the-scenes” the last week or so, but here’s some fun we had getting ready and doing the Saturday night service. We love Saturday nights because we don’t have to rush through it; we can have a full half an hour of singing and we can linger, not worrying about congestion or traffic flow, like we do on Sunday mornings. Also After Saturday night in the worship center, I walk over to the radio station and for an hour we are able to discuss what we studied with those in the community and internet who’d like to call or write in and discuss the topics further.

This week, our very good friend Fernando Ortega stopped by and sang for us. And guess what, he’s a dad now. Just 9 days ago he (and especially his wife, Margee) gave birth to a cute baby girl, Ruby (I saw the pictures—she’s really a beautiful baby).

So, here we all are, backstage, in my office and on the radio on Saturday night with a host of characters that bring cheer to each of my weekends.

Enjoy.


1 comment:

Skip Heitzig said...

Skip,

This is awesome. Thank you for sharing it with us. I think you have a lot of fun, but the end result is that we are blessed.