Monday, July 6, 2009

So Thankful for the "Family"




The family of fellow-believers, called the "church" is one of God's greatest gifts. "He sets the solitary in families" writes the psalmist in Psalm 68:6. Even with a flock of 14,000 people, there is still a warmth and intimacy that we experience especially in times like these. I am so thankful for this. I took Lenya today for a pre-op PA and lateral chest X-ray and EKG. The surgery has been moved up from 1:00 in the afternoon to 7:45 in the morning on Wednesday. (earlier is better than later). The rest of today we're resting but we're resting gratefully to be so bathed in prayer and support. Besides salvation, Lenya is the BEST thing that ever happened to me! Thanks to all who have written and voiced their prayers and love both here, on Facebook and in person.

8 comments:

Ray Montoya said...

Hi Pastor Skip. Sonia and I are praying for you guys. We send our love in Christ Jesus.

Michael Huston said...

To the Heitzigs' our prayers are with you. You have made such an impact in our lives. I have attended Calvary since the grocery store days, and have grown in my faith every year since.
Skip it is great to hear and read your faith in the Lord and that you are believing in Him. Lenya is truly a blessing to you and the Lord's will be done for her and Nathan and yourself!!
Thanks again for all you do!!
In Christ's name, The Hustons

Skip Heitzig said...

Wow! The Grocery Store Days! That must be back on Snowheights--I remember those times well! Bless you.

Debbie said...

Hello Pastor and Lenya,

I am so thankful for each of you and thank God daily for you! Know that you are in my prayers and on my heart -- May our Father surround you with songs of peace and lift you up on wings of eagles.... Loving you....

Unknown said...

thank you for updating us. We love your family.
We are praying for all of you. God is SO AMAZING.

Love and Hugs,
Rick and Kater

Pastor T said...

Skip,
We pray for God's miraculous touch in Lenya's body, and that the peace of Holy Spirit will rest on you both, and Nathan. If there's anything we can do.....

Terry & Calinia Milford

lovedbyhim said...

we love you skip

Unknown said...

Skip, Pete and I just heard about Lenya and I've talked with her. You know we love you and are praying!!! Call when you can. We are family and we'll be there whenever you need. Love, your big Sis