Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dr. Graham at Ninety!




I just flew into Roanoke, VIrginia tonight and drove an hour and a half to White Sulphur Springs in West Virginia for some meetings over the next few days. The boards and staffs of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan's Purse are convening for annual board meetings and staff encouragement. Christian leaders from around the world that have been part of this organization are here for a special occasion. Tomorrow night will be a special birthday gathering for Dr. Graham to celebrate his 90th birthday! How cool is that! So many have been touched by his preaching and come to Christ through his life (myself included). I give the keynote address on Friday night and my good friend Sami Dagher from Beirut, Lebanon will share on Saturday night. Joe Stowell gives devotions all three days. I just love working with this team and always come away with renewed vision. I will thank Dr. Graham personally for being faithful to carry the torch of the truth of the gospel for all these years and for the strong example of how to "finish well!"

No comments: